Rose Sweet explains the intricacies of navigating divorce, annulment, and remarriage. She counsels callers on the emotional, spiritual, and practical sides of such life events, always promoting Church teaching and relationship with Christ above all else.
- How does the Church view a civil marriage?
- I divorced several years ago and am struggling to move past the anger. How can I move on?
- I’ve been married once and had the marriage annulled. I think I married too soon a second time to a non-Catholic. Should I pursue an annulment with the second one?
- What is the best way to foster a remarriage after many years of divorce? One is interested, one is not.
- I have been married for 40 years and almost 3 years ago my wife had a stroke. I have been her caregiver. She has been very verbally abusive to me and won’t accept help. I am looking at getting a divorce. Can you help me?
- I have a fiance and we are about to get married. We were engaged 3 years and have been married in a court. Now my fiance’s parents don’t want us to get married. My fiance is listening to them. What should I do?
- My fiance and I are getting married in the Catholic Church this summer. He is not Catholic, but has agreed to get married in the Church and raise our kids Catholic. My soon to be mother-in-law is Baptist and is vehemently against this. Can I have some advice about how to deal with her?
- Is there a spiritual warfare component to marriage/divorce?
- I am in my mid-fifties and I was married once in a civil court. I was divorced. I was told that I need an annulment. Is this true?
- Are verbal and emotional abuse grounds for a divorce?
More about Rose Sweet
A Catholic Woman's Guide to Happiness