Fr. Hugh Barbour, a Norbertine priest and Catholic Answers chaplain, joins Cy to take questions of a more pastoral nature. Listeners with questions about the reasons for believing in the Catholic Church, the liturgy, the sacraments, family life, and much more are very welcome while the chaplain is in.
- I don’t think my sacrament of marriage is valid because the priest who celebrated my wedding is now convicted of many criminal charges. Is it or is it not valid?
- Is beatification an infallible action?
- How do we resist wrong teachings on the part of bishops and priests without being prideful or rebellious or scandalizing the Church?
- My eldest grandson is going to make his First Holy Communion. It doesn’t seem like he is receiving good instruction. How can I assist in this to make sure that he is being properly formed?
- Are the society of Pius X in schism? Is their sacrament the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Christ?
- In the Scripture, is there a way out of the mortal sin of adultery?
- I am engaged and planning to be married in May. I revealed a past of unchastity to my fiancé and she expressed trepidation about being with me. Should we wait to get married? What can I do?
- Is our inclination toward sin always going to be there strongly or will it get better with time?
- If a person has not been living their faith, is all hope lost if they die suddenly?
- What advice can you give about a person seeking truth in the Catholic Church for the first time? Where can I start?
- When someone is actively dying, and they hear children singing, could they be hearing their guardian angel?