The Catholic Answers Quiz Show is an opportunity for two blessed listeners to compete for Catholic trivia glory. Listen in and play along!
1) What does the word Messiah mean?
a) Holy One
b) Anointed One
c) Lord of Hosts
2) A priest is:
a) A prophet
b) A minister of Divine worship and sacrifice
c) Either a monk or a mendicant
3) In Luke’s Gospel who says these words? “‘If they will not listen to Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone should rise from the dead”
1) What is the name of the author of the Letter to the Romans?
a) It is unknown.
2) A secular priest is:
a) Not a member of the Catholic clergy
b) An ordained member of the clergy who is not a member of a religious order
c) A priest who has been removed from office
3) In whose letter do we find this quote: “Always be ready to give an explanation to anyone who asks you for a reason for your hope”?
1) What is a triduum?
a) Three days of prayer that usually precede a feast, most especially Easter
b) The three days of Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday
c) Any three, non-contiguous days of fasting and abstinence
2) On Good Friday:
a) God turns his back on Jesus so that we can be saved.
b) Jesus offers himself as a sacrifice of love for our salvation.
c) Both A and B.
3) The Latin phrase “Pater noster” means
A) Our Father
B) Chief Priest
C) Little girl get up
1) Which of the following is NOT said by Jesus in the Bible?
a. "Give to everyone who asks of you...”
b. “Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s.”
c. “God is light, and in him there is no darkness at all.”
2) In whose letter do we find the sentence, “Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil”?
a. The Apostle Peter
b. The Apostle Paul
c. The Apostle John
3) Selling spiritual goods is called:
1) True or False: Mary never used the word “Father” to describe Joseph’s relationship to Jesus. (Luke 2:48)
2) True or False: St. John started to sink after Jesus called him to walk on the water.
3) True or False: Catholics believe that because of Adam’s sin, humanity lost the ability to choose or to do any good.
4) True or False: The phrase, “Love your enemies,” does not actually appear in the Bible. (Matt. 5:44)
5) True or False: While Medieval Catholics did not believe in applying reason to the Faith, modern Catholics have been freed to employ both faith and reason.
6) True or False: Jesus said “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” (Acts 20:35)
7) True or False: Marriage is the only sacrament called a “Sacrament of Service.