Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- In the early Church, we hear that there was public confession. How were these people absolved? How do we know this?
- My mother was going to be accepted into the Church by the profession of faith but was interrupted by surgery. Does she have to wait a whole year to join now?
- Why do Catholics think that Matthew 16:18 is support for the validity of the Papacy?
- Was St. Papius correct when he said the gospel of Matthew was written in Hebrew?
- Where purgatory located?
- Can John’s gospels be accurate if he did not write them for 60 years after Jesus’ death? How could he remember everything?
- Does a person have original sin at conception or once they are born?
- Does the Catholic Church want unmitigated immigration?
- My Lutheran says that she believes that her eucharist is the body and blood of Christ. How can I speak with her about this?
- Is it okay for me to attend Saturday evening Mass instead of Sunday?
- What is the Church’s teaching on suicide?