Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- Canon law obligates Roman Catholics to celebrate the Mass and that Orthodox priests are forbidden to give the Eucharist to non-orthodox. Isn’t this unethical? Shouldn’t all be able to receive if they are required to?
- Is it okay to buy clothes from brands that probably use sweatshops to make their clothing?
- Since there is not a national register of Protestant ministers and pastors, is a marriage by them the same as being married by anyone?
- What is in the books of the Bible that were removed by the Protestants? Why were they removed?
- Is there really such a thing as particular judgement?
- Did Jesus ever baptize anyone with water? Why do we baptize with water?
- Do we have to believe everything in the Catechism of the Catholic Church?
- A Baptist recently told me that Constantine founded the Catholic Church. Is this true? What did Constantine do?
- I’m Catholic and I know you’re Catholic. I am wondering what you think is the best argument for Protestantism? What made it difficult for you to become Catholic?
- Is my marriage valid? We were married by a priest who was not recognized by the diocese but was recognized by the Vatican.
- I believe that people had to be present with Jesus while he was on earth to experience his miracles. What is the Catholic Church’s view of this?
- Does the King James Bible have translation errors?
Want more from Jimmy Akin?
Teaching with Authority
A Daily Defense: 365 Days (plus one) to Becoming a Better Apologist
The Fathers Know Best: Your Essential Guide to the Teachings of the Early Church