Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- I recently went to a Catholic Church that had low-gluten wafers and alcohol-free wine for the celebration of the Eucharist. Does this affect the Eucharist in a negative way? Does it matter?
- Is it okay for a Roman Catholic to attend a same-sex wedding or pride festival?
- How can I explain that the early Church was the Catholic Church?
- Is it a sin to be a homosexual or is it a sin to be unchaste?
- What is speaking in tongues? Can people still have this gift today?
- Is it okay to pray the Divine Mercy devotions? I hear there is some controversy with Divine Mercy.
- Please respond to the accusation that the Mass, being an "un-bloody" sacrifice, is not effectual for sin since the Bible says that without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin (Hebrews 9:22).
- What is the difference between Christian Pentecost, Jewish Pentecost, and the ‘new’ Pentecost?
- Is having Masses said for the dead helpful to them if they’re in purgatory? How does that work?
- Why are there more books in the Catholic Bible?
Want more from Jimmy Akin?
Teaching with Authority
A Daily Defense: 365 Days (plus one) to Becoming a Better Apologist
The Fathers Know Best: Your Essential Guide to the Teachings of the Early Church