Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- How do I answer my Protestant friends who claim that indulgences did not exist in the early church?
- I came across a sedevacantist channel that claims that Pope Francis will be the last pope. What are Tim’s thoughts?
- What is the distinction between the way that Baptism incorporates us into the Body of Christ, and the way the Eucharist does? The Catechism seems to suggest a distinction.
- Is it a mortal sin or a venial sin to miss mass intentionally?
- How can we reconcile Malachi 4:1-3 with the idea that Hell is eternal?
- What resources can I give to my non-denominational friend to begin to bring her to the Church?
- Why does the Apostles’ Creed say that Jesus rose “again?”
- What’s the Biblical basis for the Catholic stance on birth control?
- How do we know that the pagans were truly worshiping statues, and not what they represent, as Catholics do?
Book Tim to speak at your parish or next event.
Want more from Tim Staples?
Behold Your Mother: A Biblical and Historical Defense of the Marian Doctrines
Jimmy Swaggart Made Me Catholic
Catholic Answers to Common Objections
The Sword of the Spirit: Defending Six Central Catholic Teachings
Living Bread (CD)
Last Call: The Catholic Teaching on Death, Judgement, Heaven, Hell