Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- My Protestant friend says the Eucharist is just a symbol because it doesn’t do anything to the person.
- Did Mary ever receive the Eucharist?
- In the Douay-Rheims Bible, Genesis talks about the foot of the woman crushing the serpent’s head; but more modern translations say the woman’s offspring will crush the serpent’s offspring. Why is it translated differently?
- My husband and I got married in the Catholic Church, but he was Methodist at the time. He’s converted since then, but did he receive the full sacrament of matrimony when we got married?
- Does Catholic doctrine encourage or discourage any political or economic systems?
- Why do we have to do good works to enter heaven?
- What happens to babies who are miscarried and haven’t been baptized?
- How does the continuity of tradition and liturgy in the Roman Catholic Church compare to the continuity of tradition and liturgy in the Eastern Orthodox church?
Book Tim to speak at your parish or next event.
Want more from Tim Staples?
Behold Your Mother: A Biblical and Historical Defense of the Marian Doctrines
Jimmy Swaggart Made Me Catholic
Catholic Answers to Common Objections
The Sword of the Spirit: Defending Six Central Catholic Teachings
Living Bread (CD)
Last Call: The Catholic Teaching on Death, Judgement, Heaven, Hell