Catholics Answers’ chaplain, Norbertine Fr. Hugh Barbour, joins Cy to take any question of a pastoral nature. He discusses the Latin mass, swearing oaths, calling men "father," Communion, and more.
- What are the pros and cons of going to the Latin mass instead of the vernacular?
- How can I, as a corrections officer, go about my Christian duties when I know the evils that some of the inmates have committed?
- Matthew 5:33-37 tells us not to swear or take false oaths. What is the meaning of “swear” there?
- Does God love the Devil?
- Why do we call men “father” when the Bible says not to?
- What should be my role as a parent of an unfaithful spouse?
- Are military chaplains actual Catholic priests or are they just general ministers who go through the motions?
- Can someone who is outspokenly pro-choice (but hasn’t had an abortion) receive communion?
- What are the limits of having to obey the pope?