During open forum, listeners can call with any question about the Catholic faith. In today's episode, Jimmy Akin addresses time in purgatory, God's intentions for us, and much more.
- Would the canonized saints be in agreement about doctrine or dogma? Would the Doctors of the Church?
- How does mental illness affect salvation in the case of suicide?
- The Catechism sections 2241 and 2242 mentions duties of immigrants entering the country. Why don’t we hear about those duties instead of what we have to “give” them?
- Is there a special rite or blessing performed by a priest for a woman after a miscarriage?
- How do the last couple of verses in Revelation 11 and the first couple of verses in Rev. 12 relate to the Ark of the Covenant and Mary as the new ark? Would this answer the question so many have about what happened to the Ark?
- What is the average time spent in Purgatory?
- In Tobit 5, the archangel Raphael says that he is an Israelite. He also says that he is kin to Tobit and Tobias. Is he lying?
- When Jesus was born, Joseph protected him and they fled to Egypt. Why then, when Jesus was twelve, did he respond to his worried parents that they should know he was about his father's business? He was only twelve years old. How did he go from a babe who needed protection to wondering why His parents were concerned?
- The line in the Our Father, “lead us not into temptation” -- doesn't it imply he is leading us to a trial for our own sanctification?
Teaching with Authority
A Daily Defense: 365 Days (plus one) to Becoming a Better Apologist
The Fathers Know Best: Your Essential Guide to the Teachings of the Early Church