Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- My friend told me that the Catholic Church became rich because celibate and single men who became priests were rich and gave all their belongings to the Church, but if they had families, their wealth would go to their kids and not the Church. She said that’s why Catholic priests are celibate. Is that true?
- Is it sinful to eat between meals?
- Is it a mortal sin to take the Lord’s name in vain?
- I am unmarried but would like to be married. How can I remain chaste and know whether I’m impotent?
- A bunch of ladies told me that Jesus married Mary Magdalene, had children with her, and that there is a gospel of Mary Magdalene. How can I respond to them? Is this true?
- What do the 2 different resurrections in Revelation mean?
- How can Mary answer everyone’s questions? Do Catholics believe she is omnipresent?
- In the back of my Bible, some verses are annotated as originating from M. (Mother) or Q. (Queen). Who are these people?
- Does the desire of parents to baptize a child, who then passes away in the womb, affect the child’s salvation?
- How do you present a case for Catholicism to Protestants who say that you just need the Bible and Jesus?
Why Be Catholic (DVD) by Jimmy Akin