Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- In the New Testament, Paul talks about admonishing the sinner. How can we do that without making people angry? What is the right time to do this?
- Can everyone truly be saved?
- Are there any ways of knowing if someone is demonically possessed?
- How can I go from the Latin Rite to an Eastern rite?
- Why can’t non-Catholics use the sacrament of confession?
- Is it true that a person can’t go to confession if they are in a state of excommunication?
- After a saint is canonized, if it was found out that the saint committed a grievous crime in their lifetime, does it affect their canonization?
- Since capital punishment has been made federally legal again, would politicians being in support of capital punishment be found just as morally wrong as them being in support of abortion?
- How can God be loving if He knows the destination of a person is in hell, yet He still creates them?
- Why do different Bible translations include different words in the Lord’s prayer?
Want more from Jimmy Akin?
Teaching with Authority
A Daily Defense: 365 Days (plus one) to Becoming a Better Apologist
The Fathers Know Best: Your Essential Guide to the Teachings of the Early Church