Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- Can Protestants receive the sacrament of Confession? I have asked 3 priests for my friend who is dying of ALS and they have all said, not Catholic, can’t do it.
- My wife of 24 years asked for a divorce. I sought an annulment. In the meantime, I got married again, but the annulment was denied. What can I do?
- People didn’t ask to be brought into the world and even if they commit suicide, they’re stuck with eternal consequences. Either way, they’re forced to exist. How is that fair?
- I’m going to an evangelical church right now because the Catholic Church is too far away, and I don’t have transportation. Am I responsible for not going to Mass?
- Why did Jesus die on the Cross for us?
- In Exodus, God says he will harden Pharaoh's heart. How are we meant to understand this? Isn’t this an infringement on free will?
- My friend hadn’t been to Church in years. She was actively dying in the hospital and there was no priest to hear her confession. She asked me to hear her confession and I said no. Did I do the wrong thing?
- Where did God come from?
- My wife and I are both Catholic, but my wife doesn’t understand the Catholic faith. She does not want to hear about it from me. How can I help her to get something out of the Mass?
- What is the origin of the King James Bible?
- Can a Catholic marry a Muslim?
- Can a priest absolve a dying person by telephone?
- If I can't accept a particular teaching of the Catholic Church, should I just go ahead and leave? It's something that I've studied, and just can't agree with.
Mass Appeal by Jimmy Akin
If Your Mind Wonders at Mass
Want more from Jimmy Akin?
Teaching with Authority
A Daily Defense: 365 Days (plus one) to Becoming a Better Apologist
The Fathers Know Best: Your Essential Guide to the Teachings of the Early Church