Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
Want more from Jimmy Akin?
Teaching with Authority
A Daily Defense: 365 Days (plus one) to Becoming a Better Apologist
The Fathers Know Best: Your Essential Guide to the Teachings of the Early Church
- What is the Catholic response to the environmental concerns that we need to reduce the human population?
- What does canon law about who should be handling the Eucharist during adoration?
- My relative is experiencing gender dysphoria but wants to remain Catholic. What are some resources that would be helpful to him?
- How can I help someone who believes in a deistic God to believe in a theistic God?
- Is it acceptable for laypeople to use holy water, oils, etc. in their private lives?
- Are there any physical, tangible ways of fighting the devil? Should I contact a priest?
- Can you explain Our Lady of Fatima to me?
- How do we even know that the devil is real? How do you know that any of this is true? There is no proof.
- I had my baby 13 days ago and missed one Sunday mass, as I had just gotten home the night before. Because I missed Mass, I chose not to receive communion, as I wasn't sure if I would need to go to confession prior (due to missing my Sunday obligation). If I cannot make it to confession before Thursday, the Holy day of obligation, should I not partake in communion again?
- What would happen if you cloned Jesus? My professor joked about this recently.
- Is it morally acceptable for a Catholic to be mummified after they die?