Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
Want more from Jimmy Akin?
Teaching with Authority
A Daily Defense: 365 Days (plus one) to Becoming a Better Apologist
The Fathers Know Best: Your Essential Guide to the Teachings of the Early Church
- My brother is a Knight Templar and he claims that it is an order in the Catholic Church. Is this true?
- What is the justification for annulments in Scripture?
- How can Jesus calls to his father, “Why have you forsaken me?” Does this mean that God was questioning God?
- In the Bible, the devil is not very significant, and yet, as Christians, there is a big emphasis on him. Why is there such a significance placed in the devil?
- Is it a heresy to receive the Eucharist in the hand?
- How should we treat the New World translation of Scripture, since it contains heresy? Is there an acceptable way to get rid of it?
- Can you replace your Sunday Mass obligation with attending a daily Mass?
- Is it reasonable for a priest to ask for parishioners to not be alone with children in the parish?
- When we die, does the Bible explain how to properly bury someone?
- When Jesus experienced the Passion, did he suffer the sins of all people, past, present, and future?
- Does God love Satan?
- Are we meant to hold hands during the Lord’s Prayer or clap at the end of Mass?