Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- I am going to work as a janitor in a fertility clinic. Is this ethical for me to do?
- I am Jewish and considering becoming Catholic. If I do, will I need to stop observing the Sabbath?
- Is it true that when cremation is used, the ashes must be buried and not split up? Are ashes different than relics?
- Is there a time period before entering religious life that you must stop engaging in sexual activity?
- My friend doesn’t accept the Scriptures because he believes too many letters were written by Paul. He asked me, “How can we know that Paul didn’t corrupt the Scriptures?”
- Is the Bible a puzzle or a duty?
- I was at Mass one time and did not go up to receive the Eucharist, when I opened my eyes from prayer, I found a host on my scarf. I took it to the priest, and he blessed it, then had me consume it. Have you ever heard of this happening? What does this mean?
- Why are the 10 Commandments different in the Catholic Catechism?
- Where do we access the content of Sacred Tradition?
- I am struggling with Marian devotion. Does God find the rosary to be redundant?
The National Catholic Bioethics Center