Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
- If God is perfect, how could he regret creating the human race?
- My wife has expressed a desire to convert to Catholicism. We are Protestant. Is it possible for us to have a healthy and rich interfaith relationship?
- I am a non-Catholic. If my husband and I become Catholic, do we have to get remarried in the Church? Is an IUD permitted if a woman has bleeding issues?
- What is a confirmed Episcopalian? Is it the same as being a confirmed Catholic?
- I am entering RCIA. I am having a lot of problems accepting the reality of hell. How can I cope with this?
- In reference to the Institution of the Eucharist, what did Jesus mean when he said it is the “new and everlasting covenant?”
- I teach catechism. A student asked me if every person has a guardian angel and a demon. Can you help me to answer?
- When President Bush passed away, they said the Creed. How could they recite, “catholic apostolic Church,” when they are not Catholic?
- I’m in RCIA. After I get baptized and confirmed, how long until my Catholic wife and I can convalidate our marriage? How long will it be until we can baptize our kids?
- Why is the word ‘but’ used instead of ‘and’ in the Our Father?
The National Catholic Bioethics Center